0

Lawson Rubbishes Rumours

Monday, June 2, 2008

Pakistan coach Geoff Lawson will not run away from his job and will continue to honour his contract.

"Why should I not honour my job? I shall be leaving for Pakistan later this week and will continue working with the players",

he said from Australia.

Lawson was reacting to reports which suggested chief selector Sallauddin Ahmed had written a letter to the Pakistan Cricket Board complaining about the working style and behaviour of the coach.

"I don't know anything about such a letter written by anybody but I have no rift with any selectors. They (the selectors) are my friends and we have been coordinating the matter.

"I shall be reaching Pakistan this week and will then seek the views of captain (Shoaib Malik) and manager (Talat Ali) about the composition of our team for the tri-series and Asia Cup later next month,"

he added.

"Our players are doing well in IPL matches and I have been monitoring their form."

However, the chief selector may not have written a letter of complaint about Lawson to his board after all.

"The chief selector would never do so without consulting us",

selector Salim Jafar confirmed from Pakistan.

"Some difference of opinion is bound to be there on some selection matters but our relations with the coach are cordial."

0 Responses to "Lawson Rubbishes Rumours"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?