0

Shoaib Akhtar accuses PCB of excessive behavior

Wednesday, April 2, 2008


Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has termed the cricket board’s decision of five-year’s ban on him excess against him adding he was awarded major punishment for a minor offence.

Addressing a press conference outside the Rawalpindi Press Club on Wednesday, Shoaib thanked the media and people for their support.

He advised his supporters to control their emotions and avoid any unruly behavior. He said he would file appeal with Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) against the ban and would go to the Supreme Court for justice.

"I have been victimised, I have been pinpoint targeted. I should be told what I did and when I violated discipline,"
the maverick paceman told a news conference in Islamabad.

"I did not commit any crime. This is a great injustice with me. But I assure people that everything will be alright,"
said the 32-year-old, who has vowed to fight the ban in court.

He said the board was prejudiced against him.

Akhtar was hauled before a Pakistan Cricket Board disciplinary panel after publicly slamming the board for refusing to award him a central contract in January.

The board said it took the harsh step of a five-year ban, effectively ending his international career, because he was on two years' probation for hitting teammate Mohammad Asif with a bat in October.

Akhtar, who has twice hit the coveted 100 mile-per-hour (161 kilometres) mark, has had a controversial career plagued by injuries, discipline problems and a doping scandal in 2007.

He addressed his fans, adding:
"I appeal to people not to damage public property and to remain calm. I will appeal to higher authorities, I will contest the ban."

0 Responses to "Shoaib Akhtar accuses PCB of excessive behavior"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?