0

PCB serves legal notice to Farhat

Tuesday, September 4, 2007


KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has served a legal notice on test opener Imran Farhat, who last month joined the unofficial Indian Cricket League (ICL).

The PCB has asked Farhat to explain how he joined the rebel Twenty20 league while he was still a contracted player with the board and to substantiate allegations of bias and unjust treatment he made against board officials.

"I have received this notice and my lawyer will now respond to it appropriately. I am not going to back down from my stand,"
Farhat told foreign news agency on Tuesday.

"I maintain I have not been treated justly and I asked them to release me from the central contract before signing up for the ICL,"
he said.

A board official said that despite being a centrally contracted player, Farhat had made serious allegations against officials and selectors, which needed to be explained.

The official added that the batsman had also violated the terms of his central contract by signing up to play elsewhere without clearance from the board.

"He has given seven days to respond to the notice,"
he said.

Farhat had accused the PCB and selectors of being biased while not selecting him for the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa. He later asked the board to release him from his contract, as he did not see a future for himself in Pakistan cricket.

0 Responses to "PCB serves legal notice to Farhat"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?