0

Shoaib Akhtar available for Afro-Asia Cup

Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Shoaib Akhtar, the Pakistan fast bowler, is available for the Afro-Asia Cup to be held in Bangalore and Chennai in June.



Akhtar was thinking of opting out of the tournament, which comprises three ODIs and a Twenty20, because of family commitments but announced his availability after consulting his doctors and family members.





"I am available and I am keen to play and do well,"


Akhtar told PTI.



"The series is a good platform for me to make a strong comeback."



He said that he had recovered from his knee injury and a slight hamstring problem.



"I am fit now and I have also been consulting with Wasim Akram and Imran Khan on
how best to preserve myself and keep myself in top shape for future assignments.
They have been of great help."



Akhtar was one of three Pakistanis, the other two being Mohammad Yousuf and Mohammad Asif, to be included in the Asia squad for the Afro-Asia Cup.


0 Responses to "Shoaib Akhtar available for Afro-Asia Cup"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?