0

Younis Khan rejects ICL offer

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Younis Khan has rejected a lucrative offer from the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and has expressed his preference of playing for Pakistan.

Younis, currently playing for Yorkshire, is also keen to be part of Pakistan's domestic season, the dates for which may clash with the ICL's planned itinerary.

"I don't run after money. To me, playing for my country is a bigger honour,"

Younis said.

"And I don't want to miss the domestic matches."

However, Asim Kamal, the Test discard who last represented Pakistan almost two years ago, is "seriously considering" an offer put forward by the league. Being out of favour even after a Test average of over 37, Kamal is close to signing that deal according to sources close to him.

"Right now the situation is I am not sure if I will ever be given a chance to play for Pakistan again. I have got an offer [from ICL] and it is a very good one. I have spoken to Inzamam-ul-Haq about it and I am giving it a serious thought because the money is very good,"

Kamal told PTI.

Younis, who is one of four players yet to sign the national contract, says that he will not be able to sign the national contract until after his return to Pakistan on August 22, thus missing the August 15 deadline set by the Pakistan board.

"Right now I am busy with county cricket and I plan to return home on August 22 after which I will consult my lawyers and only then take a decision on signing the documents."

Younis, in the aftermath of a disastrous World Cup campaign, made himself unavailable for national selection until after the county season finished at the end of September. He was, however, named in the Pakistan squad that toured Scotland and has also been named in the squad for the inaugural Twenty20 World Championship that starts on September 11.

0 Responses to "Younis Khan rejects ICL offer"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?