0

Inzamam suggests he might join ICL

Saturday, August 11, 2007


Inzamam-ul-Haq has indicated that he might sign up for the Indian Cricket League (ICL), saying the ultimatum issued by the Pakistan Cricket Board does not apply to him as he isn't under contract with the board.

Inzamam, who was not among those given a central contract by the PCB last month, said he had been offered US$50,000 a month by the ICL. He was writing in his diary on bigstarcricket.com.

"If they [PCB] are not selecting me I have a right to play cricket anywhere, whether in county cricket, Bangladesh, or India,"

Inzamam said on the website.

"But I'm not interested in only money, I'm interested in playing cricket".

"The ICL is offering me good money and cricket. I have not played any cricket since the World Cup. Although I am still desperate to play for Pakistan it is not good for me if I get picked for Test cricket with no match practice behind me. There is no cricket in Pakistan before the South Africa series so I need to play."

Inzamam said he would want to play for Pakistan even if he signs for the ICL.

"I would like to play in India and then as soon as my country needs me I would come back for national duty."

0 Responses to "Inzamam suggests he might join ICL"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?