0

Razzaq announces international retirement as protest

Monday, August 20, 2007


LONDON: Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has announced his retirement from international cricket.

Razzaq told Geo News from London on Monday that he had decided to retire in protest over the Pakistan Cricket Board’s indifferent attitude.

"They dropped me from the Twenty20 World Cup squad and I was very upset and disappointed. But none of them bothered to call me up and tell me why I was dropped,"
the 27-year-old Razzaq said.

"Their attitude has hurt and disappointed me a lot which is why I have decided to retire from international cricket,"
he added.

“The board has not made any contact with me,”
he added.

Razzaq, who has appeared in 46 tests and 231 one-dayinternationals, denied that he had signed up to play in the ICLTwenty20 tournament, saying he had received an offer but hadyet to make a decision. Former captain, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, ImranFarhat and Azhar Mahmood are the other four players beinglinked with the ICL. The Twenty20 World Cup is being held in South Africa fromSept. 11-24.

, giving credence to media speculation that five leading Pakistani players are set to join the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL).

0 Responses to "Razzaq announces international retirement as protest"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?