0

Lawson to wait before deciding on return to Pakistan

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Geoff Lawson, the Pakistan coach, is yet to take a decision on returning to Pakistan following former prime minister Benazir Bhutto's assassination.

Lawson is currently in Sydney and is scheduled to leave for Pakistan in two weeks. He said he was waiting for advice from people inside the country before deciding what to do.

"I've sent a few emails this morning to people I know in Pakistan in different areas to get their opinions,"

Lawson told AFP.

"I'm very open [to what they say] and I'm more likely to take into account what they've got to say rather than any officials. I'm just seeking advice, I'm not pre-judging anything."

Pakistan are scheduled to play five ODIs against Zimbabwe at home beginning January 26. But rioting and unrest in many parts of the country have put the tour in doubt.

0 Responses to "Lawson to wait before deciding on return to Pakistan"

Will Pakistan Premier League gain success just like Indian Premier League ?